Love to Travel?
June 1st, 2011
It's time to get ready for that summer vacation. Even though gas prices are up, many families will be heading out on the open road this summer. If your family is planning a road trip, here are 5 things you need to keep in mind:
5 Tips on Summer Travel
1. Tend to Tires: Make sure your tires are in good shape before heading out on the road
2. Fill up Fluids: Make sure the fluids in your car are ready to go. Never head out on a long road trip without first checking the car’s fluids.
3. Don’t Drive Drowsy. Avoid drinking caffeine. It’ll give you a short-term burst of energy but you’ll hit your mental brakes down the road. It’s best to drink water, eat healthy snacks, and take lots of quick breaks along the way.
4. Pack like a Pro. Guess what, you don’t need the kitchen sink when you’re traveling. The best tip for packing is to make a list and follow it. It’s the best way to avoid over-packing.
5. Mind Your Mindset. When you’re heading out on a summer road trip be sure to take the time to enjoy the journey. Think back on how much fun you had as a kid…. Remember rolling around in the back of your parents’ station wagon without any seatbelts? Well, the days of no seatbelts may be long gone, but the fun is forever.